New Zealand Farmer's Markets : : And Shopping for Fresh Goodies

Part I : Parnell Farmer's Market

One of the most incredible Things about New Zealand is the unique freshness and Variety of foods. So today I will take you to a couple of places that I go often...every weekend. The  Farmer's Markets, yes!

Yes!Farmers Markets are pretty popular around here and people go to these places often. At these markets,you can get easily inspired by the beautiful little stalls packed with a variety of tasty selection of items and fresh produce.Fruits, vegetables, delicious cheeses, artisan breads, spices, nuts, meat, fish, plants, and even more That you could imagine. Prices are pretty fair considering the freshness, taste and incredible quality of the products.

So last Saturday morning we decided to take advantage of the nice weather,  and went shopping to the Farmer's Market. And I also carried my camera along with me and snapped some pictures :)

One of the stalls had these boxes full of fragrant herbs.I bought a couple of my favorites thyme and mint.I just love cooking with fresh herbs!...They make everything taste so good, don't you think? 

Such beautiful vegetables!




We walked inside the building looking for a French Batard and some Honey. They also were selling fresh pasta, delicious jam, deli products...

And even beautiful- aromatic artisan soap.

I stopped in another stand at the market, because I saw some extremely mouth watering Cheese! It had this rustic and elegant wrap, that immediately caught my attention.I couldn't resist the temptation to try some of the free goodie samples.

So I tried the mozzarella and yes, I was in heaven!
  

Part II: La Cigale Farmer's Market . Food . Antiques

After visiting Parnell Farmer’s market we headed to La Cigale French Market. This

is such a fun place to go. Paella, French Crepes, cakes, produce, etc. J. and I love this place!You can eat lunch there,while shopping for goodies.

J. first stop was; "the Gourmet Sausage Roll stand" :)


Taking pictures while waiting in line for my Delicious reward to be ready...

French Crepe with strawberry sauce:)



As you can see this place is big! It has a huge parking lot and also a coffee shop behind the open-air-market.

We headed home with our bags full of fresh and delicious goodies ready to be prepared and cooked!!!
Hope you like this farmer's market mini-tour from New Zealand!










Wishing you all a wonderful day!

La Cigale

13 comments

  1. Hi Aldy!
    The schiacciatas look yummy, it seems that we italians are everywhere ;-)

    One curious thing about your blog: for some reason your articles seem to be dated far in the future, i wonder why feedburner thinks you are publishing the postings in 2029!

    Either we are traveling in time and space or feedburner needs a fix.

    I enjoyed your article as my niece and sister-in-law live in Wellington, but they claim there isn't any of such delightful farmer's market over there.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Byte64, It's nice to meet you! Thanks,I'm happy you liked it!
    It's funny you mention the postings dated far in the future :)-actually it's my fault-poor feedburner :)Yes, I have to fix that.

    I know! Wellington farmer's market are a little bit different from the ones around here in Auckland.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esta feria está de lo mejor, no te puedes quejar, hay demasiado cosas buenas para comprar! y sobre todo frescas..
    besos
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que maravilla!!!, me encantaría acompañarte a dar un paseo por ese lugar tan interesante y tentador. Lindísimas las fotos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Primero que nada....Como estas con lo del terremoto?....Vives en la Isla del Sur?.....me acorde de ti al ver las noticias y espero no te haya pasado nada.....me encant tu post....la verdad es que me fascinan los farmers markets.....esa combinacion de frutas y verduras frescas con comidas y artesanias es preciosa......muy lindo este post!!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this type of outdoor farmer's market. Used to visit them every week when we were living in CA. Since moving to PA it is difficult to find one. By the way, I just read your profile and you are from Argentina. My hubby originally from Argentina too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gaby,gracias, la verdad si! no me puedo quejar :)
    Saluditos!

    Mar,Que gusto! la verdad si este lugar es adictivo :)
    Abrazos!

    Marcela,gracias por preguntar. Por suerte todo bien, yo vivo al norte.Me alero que te haya gustado.
    Besitos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gert, yes me too, these farmer's markets are addictive :) We Argentinians are everywhere,ha!:) what a coincidence!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!Great pics! The Sausage Roll picture makes me hungry :)I really enjoyed your article.Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You guys have access to so much great food!! So healthy and nice... Your last post gave me some inspiration to prepare a nice focaccia. A suivre...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quicks, Thanks :)

    Nathalie, Happy to know you enjoyed the focaccia post :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yo me lo habría probado todo, que delicias!, debe haber sido un placer visitar esta feria, es alucinante.
    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Por acá no existen este tipo de mercados al aire libre. Viendo las fotos y lo que contás creo que yo hubiera parado en los mismos stand que vos! Todo me parece muy tnetador, hierbas , quesos y panes..
    Gracias por pasra por mi blog .
    Pasaré por aquí
    Cariños

    ReplyDelete